The Sports Concussion Institute and Clinics is looking for a California licensed, board certified or board eligible, dynamic, and treatment/rehabilitation focused clinical neuropsychologist. The successful candidate will assist in managing a multi-site clinical operation, as well as conducting and publishing research. She/he will perform both direct neurobehavioral clinical services, and supervise staff neuropsychologists, and postdoctoral neuropsychology fellows and externs. This requires the ability to provide direct service - as well as supervise - the assessment, diagnostic and neurobehavioral treatment of a wide array of neurological conditions, including the full spectrum of closed and penetrating head injuries, neurodegenerative conditions, acute and chronic pain, cerebrovascular disorders, epilepsy, substance abuse disorders, and a select range of neuropsychiatric conditions. Excellent skills in report writing, verbal communication with referral sources, feedback sessions with patients, treatment planning and interfacing with managed care contacts and billing are required.
Specific duties include:
1) Interviewing patients to obtain comprehensive medical histories. Write or prepare detailed clinical neuropsychological reports using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, or clinical interviews.
2) Provide cognitive rehabilitation, neurofeedback, psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
3) Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
4) Participate in educational programs, i-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
5) Read current literature, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in neuropsychology.
6) Perform both direct clinical services, and supervise staff neuropsychologists, neuropsychology postdoctoral fellows, and externs.
7) Documenting/recording information, entering, transcribing, recording storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
8) Processing information, compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing or verifying information or data.
SCI is an outpatient assessment, diagnostic, and neurorehabilitation program, with a focus on evaluation and intervention of individuals (adolescents, young adults, military, and geriatric populations) with a wide range of acquired and degenerative brain disorders (e.g. stroke, TBI, infections, metabolic, and neurodegenerative) and rehabilitation needs (e.g. pain, cognitive disorders, PTSD, depression, anxiety, adjustment, family issues). Consultation is provided to referral sources such as the military, amateur/youth and professional sports organizations, school systems, medical providers, vocational rehabilitation centers, case managers, and a variety of community-based entities.
Responsibilities will also include the preparation of articles for publication, assisting in writing grant proposals, and designing and implementing procedures for coordination between data collection, data analysis and the materials necessary for presentations and publications.
Please send your CV and statement of interest to email@example.com.